Welcome to the new Forum!

What's happening at Small Flying Arts
Site Admin (Dave)
Site Admin

Re: Welcome to the new Forum!

Postby Site Admin (Dave) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:37 am

Hi Ludo,
now that I am confident I can merge the old YaBB forums into this phpBB format, it should be fine to let others know SFA is active again.
At first I wasn't sure if it could be done in full so didn't want to lose yet another group of posts that would have been started here but I have been working madly in the background and great archive rebuild progress is being made.

A mass email will be sent when things are close to completion and hopefully most of those email accounts will still be working for our original SFA members. :)

I haven't ignored Bargle. I have contacted him via email and he most certainly has a treasure trove of stuff he has been sending through. Well done Bargle! 8-)

Graham Banham

Postby Graham Banham » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:25 am

This is great news David: many thanks for getting SFA up and running again!

Good to see some of the usual F/F scale suspects posting already. Seems large and light is the in thing for indoor scale. Kitscale could be interesting at next years Nats: Richard C, Mike S and yours truly are doing the Comet Taylorcraft, Aeronca K and Aeronca Chief. Might need a few more judging tables, as they're all 54" span..... :D

ATB
Graham

Graham Banham

Postby Graham Banham » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:30 am

Well, if i remembered to log in, the post above wouldn't have identified me as a 'guest'! I promise to try harder!

Graham

I fixed the previous post for you Graham. David

dpcmodels

Postby dpcmodels » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:01 pm

Wow, this is pleasant surprise. I never thought I'd see the SFA again. Thank you David for
all that you have done and to anyone else working behind the scenes. While I really appreciate
everything so far, my burning question is how did you manage to pull this all off? To my understanding,
Arjun didn't want to sell SFA. But that was some time ago. Can you give us any details? In any event,
its good to be back and whoever worked their magic to re-instate my username and PW, my most sincere
thanks. Now it feels like home again.

Dave :D

Site Admin (Dave)
Site Admin

Postby Site Admin (Dave) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:42 pm

Hi Dave,
I should post a background to how this came about?

Once I had reconstructed the website as best as I could and recreated the forum, I joined a few forums in preparation to let people know it was back. The username 'Small Flying Arts' raised happy eyebrows and I was contacted by some very helpful people who have put in some heavy lifting to source content and contacts for me to better rebuild the site. 8-)

dpcmodels

Postby dpcmodels » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:52 pm

Well however it happened, its great to be back. How's progress in the old Archives?
I don't see a link but perhaps its not ready yet. Looking forward to more great times.

Dave

Site Admin (Dave)
Site Admin

Postby Site Admin (Dave) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:41 am

The Archive has been rebuilt and looks great. Just waiting on getting the rest of the missing images to me now.

Bargle

Postby Bargle » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:41 pm

Site Admin wrote:I haven't ignored Bargle. I have contacted him via email and he most certainly has a treasure trove of stuff he has been sending through. Well done Bargle! 8-)

Thanks. Glad to have been of help.

tossedman

Postby tossedman » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:32 pm

I'm so pleased to see this site and forum brought back. I lurked for years and scoured the articles with great interest in the past and am looking forward to more. Thanks for all the hard work that goes into running all of this.

Cheers eh,

Todd

awiatik

Postby awiatik » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:36 pm

Hi all,
Welcome to the new SFA Forum. It was nice that the forum was resurrected again.
Regards
Kostek /awiatik/

Return to “News”