Event announcement: International Indoor Fly In 2016

Flying events, contests, etc.
Bernard

Event announcement: International Indoor Fly In 2016

Postby Bernard » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:37 pm

We want to invite you to the 6th International Indoor Fly In, in Nijmegen The Netherlands. This is a Indoor Free Flight meeting

The date is set for 12 and 13 November 2016, Nijmegen The Netherlands.

On this 2 day event we will be flying the following classes:

For Scale: F4D, F4E, F4F, Pistachio, Kit Scale and Profile Scale
For Duration: F1D, F1L, F1M, Sainte Formula (3 gram minimum weight) and F1N

Until now we have 39 entries from 7 different countries.

More info can be found on http://www.iifi.nlor send an email to: internationalindoorflyin@gmail.com

Regards,

Bernard Bruins
The Netherlands.

g_kandylakis
Location: Thessaloniki, Greece and Tuttlingen Baden Württemberg

Re: Event announcement: International Indoor Fly In 2016

Postby g_kandylakis » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:34 pm

Looking forward to it...

Pit, how is your schedule coming along?
free flight & micro RC

staubkorb

Postby staubkorb » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:32 am

Still positive,George. Had a minor glitch with the covering for the Citabria (not enough, and then ordering the wrong color :oops: ). I was going to get a No-Cal finished, but I don't think I can get it worked into the time left... Have to get a few peanuts cleaned up, and only one of them has ever seen air under the wings. Going to a contest with NO trimmed models is going to be quite interesting... but I'll be bringing a few cameras :) .

Finally got some batteries, so I'll give you a call this evening.

Pete
Comparing Spammers to a pile of organic waste is an insult to the organic waste!

Bernard

Postby Bernard » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:19 pm

Until now we got about 50 competitors from 7 different countries. For those who didn't registered yet please let know as soon as possible. Email: internationalindoorflyin@gmail.com

Regards,

Bernard

g_kandylakis

Postby g_kandylakis » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:33 pm

A day after the competition, everybody should be home by now. It will be some time though, before photographs start pouring in, I imagine.

A very enjoyable weekend and a very successful event, which is not a big surprise, since the Dutch organising team had already established itself as a very competent organiser and a great host, with very friendly atmosphere... Only to be recomendend and not to be missed. And of course the hall... I do not know why the 7 different countries, I counted 11, which might be some sort of record high:
Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Finland, Germany, Greece, Russia, Sweden, UK, USA and of course the Netherlands! (if only the Swiss could have made it...)

Pictures and videos will follow. Pete has made quite a few, which he will post as soon as he clears his computer problems.

George
free flight & micro RC

staubkorb

Postby staubkorb » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:16 pm

An extremely well run event by the Nijmeegse Luchtvaartclub! A very exciting experience with no disappointments, and even my models played along much better than I had hoped! Meeting many of the names that appear in the various Forums was one of the biggest parts of the event, even though I was unable to meet all :( .

I had a very difficult time keeping my mouth shut while others were trying to prepare :oops: , but ALL were very helpful to this newcomer/FIRST time competitor :) . I probably committed every sin a newcomer makes :roll: ! Many thanks go to George Kandylakis whose tips were instrumental for getting my Kit Scale entry to fly well and to Wout Moerman and George for helping with the trimming of my peanut entries.

The Nijmeegse Luchtvaartclub, the event CD's and judges get extra kudos for putting up with my pestering and letting me download/print my scale documentation as my computer went bonkers last week (it's working at the moment but not yesterday).

I had nearly canceled my participation the night before departure due to the issues I was having at home, so I have to REALLY thank Wout and George for twisting my head back straight! It was the most enjoyable weekend I have had in ages!

As soon as I am confident that my computer is working OK, I will upload the photos and vids that I had time to get. I must apologize in advance that I was not able to photograph or vid more, as it was a very tight schedule. There was a professional photographer present who seemed to take photos of nearly ALL flights I hope he got mine), and agreed to inform me when the pics will be ready for viewing.
Comparing Spammers to a pile of organic waste is an insult to the organic waste!

Bernard

Postby Bernard » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:55 pm

The 7 countries was on October 15th. I counted 10, who was from USA I missed that one? Then it will 11 indeed

Regards,

Bernard

g_kandylakis

Postby g_kandylakis » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:05 pm

Peter Brecker of course. .. Our staubkorb...He may live in Germany but is an American.
free flight & micro RC

Bernard

Postby Bernard » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:19 pm

Ok this is new information for me. But good to know for the future. Thank you.

g_kandylakis

Postby g_kandylakis » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:54 pm

No problem, Bernard...

Rather than wait for a well prepared report, which I will not manage, I 'll start uploading photographs, with short comments where applicable.

I was not able to photograph everything, because I started taking pictures afte my flying was over, so I have missed quite a few. On the plus side, I got quite a few too...

Not to many videos to post, but others did...

We start with a view of the headquarters and flight judge table
Attachments
20161113_100041.jpg
20161113_100041.jpg (212.68 KiB) Viewed 11635 times
free flight & micro RC

Return to “Events”