micro rc cookup

Group builds of Radio Control models!
uhu

micro rc cookup

Postby uhu » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:08 am

Someone interested in a micro rc coockup?
any model, any material, any set-up?
I Still have (part of) the bones of an Albatros (plans Earl Stahl) I would like to finish.

Uhu

Site Admin (Dave)
Site Admin

Re: micro rc cookup

Postby Site Admin (Dave) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:29 am

It's funny Uhu. I wanted to make an R/C peanut eindecker in stick and tissue and is why I came looking for tips on SFA. That's when I found the forum had gone sideways. Having built one half of the wing so far, I have since then been working on this site! :D
This might be the ticket to get me to continue the original plan.

uhu

Postby uhu » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:14 pm

we start at 5?

Sambinofly

Postby Sambinofly » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:14 pm

Sounds like a plan to me. I have done several smallish micro RC scale projects in the last few years, mostly intended for indoor use during the foul weather winter season. Currently have two half finished projects... a DH6 and a Chilton DW1/1 both at 16 " span (from dime scale ff plans).
These are the among the smallest R/C jobs I have attempted but small enough is gear is readily available (on hand actually!).
Sam
I've been messing with small FFs (+ other stuff) for years.
An aspect of FF that seems to hold my interest is electric powered old timers.
Can't recall all models but most were for the FAC OT replica event. A favourite is Louis Garami's Half Pint.

flea_flyer

Postby flea_flyer » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:31 am

Just came back to SFA after a long absence. I know this thread is very old now, but is there any (current) interest in a micro rc cookup? If not, maybe this thread should be closed. A new one could be started when/if the subject gets any interest at a later date.
flea_flyer

staubkorb

Postby staubkorb » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:17 pm

Welcome back!

Maybe your post will jog some more members to "return" and become more active (including myself :roll: ). I've managed to get a good acquaintance hooked on "stick and tissue" models in the 20 inch and above class, but he prefers to convert them to rc. Trouble is, he speaks no English, so I have to translate areas of the plans where he has issues. I keep telling him "Google is your friend".
Comparing Spammers to a pile of organic waste is an insult to the organic waste!

flea_flyer

Re: micro rc cookup: Roust-A-Bout

Postby flea_flyer » Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:53 pm

Although not strictly a "micro", I'm thinking of doing an RC version of the "Roust-A-Bout" free flight (SFA free plan). It was designed by the late Dick Fors from USA (username "Red Dog"), who was a prolific and very readable poster on this forum in its earlier days. There are two versions - one at 27.5 inches span and a larger one at 32 inches - both are supposed to fly well, but I'll build the smaller one. If no-one else is interested in a cookup, I will post the build under General RC.
Flea_flyer

Return to “R/C Cookups”