Electric Control Line

Still alive and well!
Kiwi

Electric Control Line

Postby Kiwi » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:37 am

Just to show that control line is not dead and buried here is my electric example.
I was given a "Nobler" which was originally powered by a Fox 35 but that didn't come with it. As I have got rid of all my gas motors electric was the way to go, especially as I fly by myself and I would have to go to the trouble of arranging a stooge and as I haven't flown C/L for 50 + years I figured I was going to get dizzy initially burning through a tank full of fuel,
I cut off the bearers where they went through the bulkhead and mounted a Turnig hides a 40 amp ESC y Aerodrive SK3-3542-800 Kv on standoffs. Where the tank was is now housing a 4s 2200mAh battery, The bottom half of the cowl and a R/C Receiver with only the throttle plugged in.
Now when I want to go fly I lay out the lines, clip a transmitter to my belt, and walk out to the handle. When I'm ready to go Just pick up the handle reach down, open the throttle and away we go, I can adjust the speed to suit and when I start to feel dizzy Just cut the throttle and land. The other good Thing is less gear to cart out and no mess to wipe off after!
Attachments
Nobler 1.JPG
Nobler 1.JPG (1.77 MiB) Viewed 15673 times

Return to “General Control Line Topics”