Beanburg D1 - Bostonian

The lighter side of things
kittyfritters

Beanburg D1 - Bostonian

Postby kittyfritters » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:54 am

I've mentioned my Beanburg D1 Bostonian design in other posts but I've not posted a picture of it. It's not finished in the photo, the engine detail, windscreen and nose block are not on it but I think you get the general idea. I'll be flying it at the next O.F.F.C. meeting and if it trims up as it should I'll have time to get some videos. Of course, as typical with my designs, I'm not satisfied with the way the fuselage goes together, and it's been redesigned slightly, but aerodynamically it will still be the same model. It's not obvious from this angle but it has negative stagger.

More later.
Attachments
photo(11).JPG
photo(11).JPG (154.49 KiB) Viewed 16560 times
Ubi sublata omnia praecepta legis

kittyfritters

Re: Beanburg D1 - Bostonian

Postby kittyfritters » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:12 pm

The only trim adjustments that it needed was an increase of 1/2 degree incidence in the upper wing and a drag tab on the upper wing to keep the turn tight inside the room. The flight for the video was in intentionally under 40 seconds since my old iPhone4 will not email a video any longer than that. It was over 90 degrees (F) outside and the air conditioner was running full blast. Not too much of a problem for the Bostonian, but noticeable with my Legal Eagle and a real problem for the guys trying to practice for the Penny Plane contest at the end of this month.

photo(26).JPG
photo(26).JPG (135.46 KiB) Viewed 16519 times

photo(30).JPG
photo(30).JPG (137.34 KiB) Viewed 16519 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq2FgSUubkM&feature=youtu.be

uhu

Postby uhu » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:26 am

nice flyer! Is there somewhere an plan?
Uhu

kittyfritters

Postby kittyfritters » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:55 pm

uhu wrote:nice flyer! Is there somewhere an plan?
Uhu

I am bringing it out as a laser cut kit in August along with another of my Bostonian designs, the Irish Jumping Bean, and the OD-17 beginner's fuselage model. Where are you located? I get the impression you are in Germany. In the US my Bostonian kits cost $25 but what with shipping and customs it might be a bit expensive in Europe.

Howard
(kittyfritters)

http://hjlmodels.com

uhu

Postby uhu » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:27 am

indeed...

staubkorb

Postby staubkorb » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:22 pm

The beating that the dollar is taking is making goodies from the States almost attractive again - except for those living in Europe whose income is dollar based...

Pete
Comparing Spammers to a pile of organic waste is an insult to the organic waste!

Return to “Indoor Free Flight”