What's Going On at Your Flying Patch?

Talk about anything but try to keep it aircraft related.
staubkorb

What's Going On at Your Flying Patch?

Postby staubkorb » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:42 pm

This October has been a true "Golden October"! We had more than two weeks of sunny, WARM weather, marred only a tiny bit by winds that were too high for Free Flight at my field. No matter... I flew rc, finally getting my Roehn Gleiter into the air (a model based on the Playboy Senior) that was marketed in Germany by ARKAI Models. Turns out to be a fantastic flyer and much more maneuverable than I anticipated needing less than 3mm stick movement.

After mixing in 40% expo on rudder and 50% on elevator, it was a pussycat. 56" span and about 700 grams heavy.

It can be seen in the middle of the lineup. More than 25 flyers/day throughout the two weeks.
Attachments
DSCF6436_s.jpg
DSCF6436_s.jpg (204.61 KiB) Viewed 11543 times
DSCF6435_s.jpg
DSCF6435_s.jpg (305.05 KiB) Viewed 11543 times
Comparing Spammers to a pile of organic waste is an insult to the organic waste!

uhu

Re: What's Going On at Your Flying Patch?

Postby uhu » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:02 pm

Looks nice! Saw one flying on Youtube. What setup do you use?

Ludo

staubkorb

Re: What's Going On at Your Flying Patch?

Postby staubkorb » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:14 pm

Motor is a GT-GF2210/30, probably from ARKAI with a kV of about 1020. I run it on 2S (1750mAH as the weight is needed) with a 9x5 Graupner "E-prop". Pulls only 7Watts max at full throttle while climbing. ESC is an absolute unknown as there are no markings and came with the model (I picked up the plane, complete minus battery and receiver, unflown). Nano servos are also no-name but work fine. 582 grams ready for take-off and NO problems with the tiny 40mm wheels on our grass patch.

Not a rocket ship with the set-up, but more than enough power for even spirited hot-dogging (like in the videos). the only negative I can relate is that it disappears at more than 100 meters - especially when flying away or directly toward the pilot. A bit of high-vis coloring DOES help and will be added!
Comparing Spammers to a pile of organic waste is an insult to the organic waste!

Return to “General Discussion”